St. John's York Mills Anglican Church, North York on
Project Details: Renovation of nave, expanded chancel, chapel, lobby, new offices and creation of new lounge/lobby overflow,
Completed: January, 2013
Features: St. John's York Mills is the 2nd oldest Anglican church in Toronto dating from 1814 and Parker Architects was asked to upgrade the nave, chancel and chapel as well as create new offices and expand and upgrade the lobby. The lighting in the church was upgraded to LED fixtures and new dual projection screens were designed and installed. The lobby was refurbished and modernized and a new outdoor patio extension was added. The church offices were relocated and a new lounge was added in their place which was designed to act as an expansion area for the lobby. Washrooms were also upgraded as were some basement rooms. The end result is a total rejuvenation of the church.