Ralph conner memorial united church, canmore ab
Project Details: Completed: 1982
Features: Woods Parker was selected to design an expansion for this wood frame church originally built in 1891. The building was centered on the lot making expansion virtually impossible. Our solution was to move the original building to one side and construct the expansion on the remaining portion of the lot. An open court separates the old from the new. The addition consists of a new parish hall with kitchenette, two large second floor classrooms, new washrooms, and offices. A future expansion incorporating a 300 seat hall has been allowed for on the remainder of the site, to the rear of the project. This design successfully expands the original church while preserving and enhancing the historical structure.